The 1824 Nine Mile Creek Aqueduct, which is on the National Registry of Historic Sites, is the only restored, navigable Aqueduct in New York State.

An aqueduct is a water-filled bridge that carries canal boats over rivers, streams or valleys. It provided a way for the first enlargement of the Erie Canal to be carried over Nine Mile Creek. This 144 foot waterway is listed as the smallest of the larger aqueducts. Four stone arches made of fine Onondaga limestone quarried from Split Rock supported the towpath. Of the 32 original aqueducts on the First Enlargement, only about seven remain intact.

Downstream from the present First Enlargement Aqueduct, can be found the remains of the 1820 Clinton’s Ditch Aqueduct with an adjacent lock. Two stone arches supported the 120 foot water bridge. This area has been cleared and kiosks interpret the site.